Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Post #15- Valentines Day


 


It’s Valentines Day! This Valentines’ was one of my favorite’s valentines’. I loved it because I celebrated differently. A lot of people are saying that Valentines’ is only for people with boyfriend and girlfriend, I think they’re wrong. This day we celebrated the day of love, you don’t love only your boyfriend, you should love your mom, dad, brother, sister, friends, etc. I also think we should celebrate Valentine’s everyday because we should all demonstrate “love” everyday to the person we love. For example in Valentines’ Day you could give someone a gesture for loving them (that’s good) but if you don’t love someone and just because it’s Valentines’ you give them a present, for me you’re been a  hypocrite. This Valentines’ I went to school thinking:” I’m single so nobody will give me anything, but I was wrong”. For a moment I was blinded and only thought Valentines’ was supposed to be about couples. But as soon as I enter my homeroom c I see my two best friends smiling and giving gifts.  After I hug them and said Happy Valentines! They gave me balloons, flowers, pictures. I was really excited. To tell the truth I really don’t know how to describe the emotion but I was one of the greatest emotions in the world. Then I realize that Valentines’ it’s not only to a celebration of boyfriend and girlfriend, it’s a celebration about love. In my case I got to celebrated with my two best friends which means that you don’t need a boyfriend to be happy in Valentines Day. Hope you had a good Valentine!

3 comments:

  1. The day first became associated with romantic love in the circle of Geoffrey Chaucer in the High Middle Ages, when the tradition of courtly love flourished. By the 15th century, it had evolved into an occasion in which lovers expressed their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as "valentines"). Happy valentines day love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can always count on me! You are one of my best friends and I love you alotttt :) Im glad you had fun on valentine's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ˆˆˆÂGATHAS'S POST=SPAM

    ReplyDelete