Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Post #10- It's hard to say goodbye


I will always remember August 19, 2010.  That day I remembered it perfectly. I just have woken up and my mother told me “Noelia I have to talk to you, your grandfather is getting worse everyday. He can go anytime now”. When she told that, I didn’t want to believe it. He’s the only grandfather I’ve had (the other one I didn’t get to met him). He was the best grandfather any person could have. He always encouraged and believed in me. On August 19 I went to school and everything felt different, I felt like there was something wrong. That day I had a practice from the school volleyball team. Just before the practice was going to start, I saw my mom. I went to say hello and saw her crying. She didn’t have to tell me what was wrong; I’ve already known what had happen. Even though I knew, I asked her anyway. She told that grandpa or how called him “papa” just passed away. I hugged her and started running to the car. I felt the whole world came down. I knew he was going to die but I couldn’t believe it. So, when my mom told me I was completely destroyed. As soon as we got home I packed and we all went to Aguada (where my mom’s family is from). When we got to our house in Aguada, I saw his room with all of his clothes, shoes and watches. I couldn’t hold it anymore and I started crying. It took me a long time to get over his death but I still miss him everyday. Every time I play or do something its seems like I can hear him encourage me or giving me advice. I will always remember him and feel his love.

1 comment:

  1. Hellooooo noelia is your friend gaby :) I know that swing goodbye to one of your siblings is hard. Ive never had that experince but Ive have been with people who had. The only goodbye I had pass through was my beautiful Giada it was very hard for me but what you have to put on your mind is that that person is going to be in a better place. Love u CDT !! :)

    ReplyDelete