Sunday, February 12, 2012

Post #13- Pressure


“We believe that civilization has been created under the pressure of the exigencies of life at the cost of satisfaction of the instincts.” I hate having pressure and eleventh grade has been the year of pressure. The pressure has been there since August. This year for me has been very hard, from school to volleyball. I’ve been working very hard and sometimes when things don’t turn up the way I planned them I get very frustrated. The importance is to never give up, but sometimes having too much pressure it’s a problem. For example this week one of my best friends had a hard time. She went to the bathroom crying. We started talking and she told that by having so much extracurricular activities, she didn’t get a good grade on her exam. The pressure in her house of getting a good grade it’s so much that she couldn’t hold it anymore and started crying. I understand she want to get a good grade but she has so many things that she is actually hurting herself. She falls asleep very late and wakes up early to study or finish something she left undone the day before. After I calmed her down I noticed that I was going through the same thing. I’ve found out that I got a bad grade and obviously I didn’t like it and my mom is a freak about grades. But instead of crying I decided to demonstrate my mom that for the next test I’m going to get a better grade. Personally I think that’s what my friend should do and that was the advice I gave her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment